Top yarn quality from Organic Cotton
SwissCotton Organic addresses buyers who set a high value both on quality and environmental soundness. The organic cotton we use meets the strict standards for organic agriculture. The production is scrutinized from the cotton field to the spinning mill and finally certified by IMO. The GOTS-label verifies compliance with Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS). Given that agro-chemicals are not applied in organic agriculture the final goods do not contain any harmful substances. Therefore, harmful residues on the finished product are impossible.
The silky appearance and the soft hand of the organic cotton we use, meets our and your highest quality requirements. By a close collaboration and long term contracts with selected farmers, we safeguard continuity in organic cotton cultivation and your continuous supply with SwissCotton Organic.
- count range: Ne 30-95 (Nm 50-160)
- spinning system: ring or royal spun, combed
- raw material: 100% organically grown extra long staple cotton, combed, fiber length 34-38 mm
- origin: Switzerland
- high grade woven fabrics for shirts and blouses
- luxurious t-shirts, golf-shirts
- fine intimate apparel
- fiber- and down proof fabrics
- bed linen
These ecological arguments speak for themselves
- pests are controlled by natural measures - no pesticides or insecticides are used
- compost and manure replace synthetic fertilizers
- crop rotation for long term maintenance of soil fertility
- defoliation through natural frosts and discontinued irrigation
- electricity for spinning SwissCotton Organic is generated by renewable water power
- heat is produced in a wood chip heating, no fossil fuels
- Bühler is certified according to Oeko-Tex Standard 1000
- long-term contracts with farmers guarantee that the farmland can be cultivated organically on a continuous basis
- all common yarn counts for weaving and knitting in a the range of Ne 30 - 80
- special items are usually available within 2 - 3 weeks
To find our quality parameters, which are listed in a separate table, please click here.
What do Rolex, Bally, Lindt & Sprungli have in common with Buhler yarns?
How can you take advantage of the Swiss-Quality Image for your marketing?
We offer the solution!
- SwissCotton Organic®
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 plus
- Oeko-Tex Standard 1000